Tuesday, December 27, 2011

He must increase; I must decrease.

Merry Christmas!!! I hope that Christmas day was a great, or maybe for some of you (if not most) you started to celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve, so I hope that was a good day as well. I know that this past weekend the church was packed here at Epiphany, and it was great to see so many people here. I was able to make it home on Christmas night and spend some time with my family. Usually the week after Christmas is a slow week (because school is out, and a lot of people on vacation) but it will not be a slow week for me. Tomorrow through Friday I will be helping with a TEC (Teenagers Encountering Christ)  retreat here in the Twin Cities, and looking at the schedule I can see that it is not exactly going to be a restful retreat, but it should be a good one.
On Christmas I preached about how we are called to be Christians, which means that we always have to be changing. The Scripture verse that I referenced is John 3:30 in which John the Baptist states: He must increase; I must decrease. Hopefully I will have the homily posted soon, but right now I cannot find the CD and so keep on checking back to see if it is up. Have a great week, and please pray for the kids that will be making a retreat this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment