Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Monsters and Fathers!!!

This past weekend Fr. Nathan LaLiberte from St. Stephen's in Anoka and I ran the Monster Dash Half Marathon. As you can tell in the picture it started at the Cathedral in Saint Paul and also finished in St. Paul. Fr. Nathan was generous enough to stay with me the whole run (he is a lot faster than I am), and we finished in 2:02:23. Which was just fine with me, because we were not running for a time, but rather we were running to have a good time, and that was accomplished.


This past weekend was also priesthood Sunday and so I decided to preach a little bit on the priesthood, and also tied in why we call priests "fathers". There were a lot of Scripture references in my homily, mainly from this Sunday's reading, but also from Paul's first letter to the Corinthians chapter 4:14-16, which states this:    I am writing you this not to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. Even if you should have countless guides to Christ, yet you do not have many fathers, for I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel. Therefore, I urge you, be imitators of me. Below is my homily from this past weekend, I hope that you get something out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment