Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A New Teaching with Authority

I hope that all of you have the Catechism of the Catholic Church in your home and if not make the investment and get one. It is amazing how much information is inside of this book and how much you can learn.
You will notice in the homily that I mentioned that I will be giving a talk on Marriage on February 9 (however in the homily I said February 10 by accident). Here is a little info on the talk:
February 14 is the day which we all know as Valentine’s Day and it is a day when many couples share gifts or a special dinner out to show their love for one another. The Church also has a sacrament that celebrates romantic love, and this is the sacrament of marriage. Unfortunately we know that the sacrament of marriage is not always fully understood. So, this February, before Valentine’s Day, I will be offering a talk on marriage here at Epiphany. The talk will take place February 9 at 7 p.m. and will focus on the theology of marriage as found in scriptures and tradition. Some of the topics will include marriage as a covenant, the indissolubility of marriage, and marriage between man and woman. It is my hope that this talk will help all people learn more about this great sacrament. It will be deep in theology; however I think that it will also be very practical. 
Below is my homily from this past weekend:



No comments:

Post a Comment