Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Time

It's definitely summer around the office; things are a little bit slower. However, with the State Fair right around the corner, followed by school, I’m sure that things are going to pick up soon. In the meantime I have been researching (and will continue to) more into the third edition of the Roman Missal. I really think that it is an improvement from the one that we are using right now, and also a great opportunity to learn more about the liturgy. I know that here at Epiphany we are offering a five-part series looking deeper into the Mass, and they will meet on Monday nights. For more information on this please take a look at this link.
Speaking of Epiphany, in case you havn't heard, we will be welcoming Fr. Frank Pavone from Priests for Life this weekend at all of our Masses except for the Sunday evening Mass at 5:30. Fr. Pavone is in town for The National Sidewalk Counseling Symposium, which sounds like a great event. If you are not from Epiphany, maybe this should be the weekend that you come on over and check out our great church and listen to Fr. Pavone preach.
Finally, in case you missed it, yesterday was St. John Vianney’s feast day. I was able to celebrate the 8:00 morning Mass, and it was beautiful. The more that I look into Vianney’s life, the more impressed I am with him, and want to be like him. By the way this statue is outside the Bassilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis, I took the picture on Monday night when I was in the area.Thanks to all who pray for priests, please keep it up, we need it.
Have a safe and great weekend, I hope to see you here at Epiphany!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment