Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What a Show!!!

This past weekend I had the opportunity to be in the Epiphany Dinner Theatre (luckily for me and also for the audience, a very small part). One of the things I realized by watching this production is that we have some very talented people here at Epiphany. Not only are they talented but they are dedicated. Here is a link to a story about the production The Game of Life.It is good to see that we have events like this at the church so that we can reach out to the community and have everyone come and see what a good place this is. I am always amazed at how busy we are at this parish – it seems that there is something going on every night, which is great. Something that I think has fallen by the wayside is the idea that the parish church should be the center of the community, and this is something that you will be hearing a lot about from me. I know that everyone has tons of activities outside of Church activities (I know I do), but there is so much to offer at church and it is sad to see many people not take advantage of it and get involved. The church should feel like a second home to people, a place that they want to be not only for Mass (which is great), but also for coming together as a community, or better put, coming together as a family.
                On a different note, it’s good to see that at least one person has checked out this blog. Don’t be afraid to pass along the link to friends or anyone you think might be interested (there has to be at least one person)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment