Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Have Some Dessert

I had the opportunity this morning to be the celebrant for the all school Mass of the Immaculate Conception of Mary. It was great to see all of the kids and a lot of their parents at the Mass. I even saw some high school kids at the Mass, which means that they were able to miss some school to come to Mass, which I’m sure they enjoyed. In some countries they still treat the holy days of obligation as a big deal, which means that offices and schools are closed down, so that everyone can come to Mass and celebrate throughout the rest of the day. Now, I know that we do not do this here, but we too should celebrate in some way this great solemnity. Maybe tonight you can have something extra (like a dessert), and just say thank you to God for the gift of Mary’s Immaculate Conception.
On a completely different note, I have to mention that the ice fishing season has begun. I was able to get out yesterday and do some ice fishing (there was at least 6 inches of ice, so no worries I was not going to fall in). It was great to get out and test out the equipment and even land a couple of keepers. Unfortunately, I also figured out that my heater was not working, so it got cold pretty quick, especially with wet hands from all of the fish that I was catching!!!  Just a reminder that if any of you ever have a “fishing hot spot” that you want to bring me to, I promise that I will not tell other people about the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment