Monday, February 14, 2011

A Great Trip


Today is my first day back at the parish, and I’m glad to be back. I was on vacation for a week, and most of that time was spent ice fishing up at Lake of the Woods with Fr. Aaron Kalmon and Fr. Josh Brown, both classmates from the seminary. It was a very successful fishing trip, with a total of 109 fish for four and a half days of fishing. The biggest walleye was caught by me and it was 25.5 inches (out of the slot limit, so it had to be put back down the hole), which is the biggest walleye that I have ever caught. Both Fr. Aaron and Fr. Josh also caught some big walleyes but not quite as big as this one.

When I got back from up north I was able to concelebrate at a friend’s wedding, where there were 12 priests (he used to be in the seminary). It was also great to catch up with many classmates and friends that I have not seen for awhile. My vacation ended with me concelebrating Mass at St. Joseph’s in West St. Paul, where I am from, and also being able to hang out with my family (including watching Toy Story 3, with my niece and nephew). Overall, a great vacation, but as mentioned before, I’m glad to be back and be home. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice fish! We ran into the same situation. We went ice fishing on Lake Mille Lacs. Caught a nice 24" walleye but had to throw it back. We did take photos to make sure we could show people.

    Rita Resendiz
    Epiphany Catholic church goer

    ReplyDelete