Monday, February 21, 2011

To Infinity and Beyond!!!


This Sunday I started off my homily talking about watching Toy Story 3 with my niece, nephew and mother. It was a great movie and one that was enjoyable to everyone watching. However, sometimes it can be hard to find movies that are appropriate to watch. I know that there are some movies out there that seem like they should be alright to watch, but once you start watching them you realize that they are not really appropriate to watch, even if they are only rated PG-13. So, a couple of years ago I decided that I was going to take advantage of a resource that the United States Council of Catholic Bishops has for all of us. It is a website where they give a brief description of the movie, and then give it a rating, ranging from A-I which is for a general patronage to O which means that the movie is morally offensive and should not be watched. Watching movies is perfectly fine, and can be a part of leisure. However, we also need to realize that there are certain movies out there that are going to be offensive to watch, and if we know about them ahead of time, how great is that, what a great resource we have to help us live our life for Christ. Here is a link for the website to the USCCB movie page, please take a look at it, and make sure to check it out before you head out to the movie theaters, or add a DVD to your queue for Netflix.

Below is my homily from Sunday, I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment