Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Forgive your brother from your heart

It was a very tough weekend to preach this weekend, and that is because of the memory of the September 11 attacks 10 years ago. Also, our readings for the weekend were definitely challenging, because they talked about forgiveness, which can be a very hard thing to do, but something that we are called to do. I think that this is what I tried to convey in my homily this weekend, and I hope that you can learn something about forgiveness from this homily.

1 comment:

  1. 9/11 is always a really hard day for me, and although I was angry initially, I am not anymore and haven't been for a long time. The overwhelming emotion/state is grief and sadness. Where I was that day, what I was doing, what I witnessed in the way I witnessed it has become imprinted upon me.

    I loved the readings for Sunday and know they were no mere accident; God cannot be taken by surprise and knew then, and knows NOW what we need to hear and live.

    That said...I grilled chicken on Sunday in honor of terrorists everywhere. ;-)

    PS: At times, I wish I could find an FD/PD chaplain to talk to about my grief on that day, not to make it "go away", but rather, to help me make it even more meaningful, if that makes any sense (which it probably doesn't.)

    ReplyDelete