Monday, July 9, 2012

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

This past weekend I decided to switch things up a little and preach on the second reading instead of the Gospel. This reading from Paul I believe speaks volumes to us, especially for those who feel like they can't take anymore. It is important to remember that God will provide the grace that we need to make it through, or as God said to Paul "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Cor. 12: 9. Like I mentioned in the homily (I think) instead of blaming God for the people in our life that sometimes just drive us crazy, let's thank God for them, because what they are doing is helping us grow stronger in Christ. So, this week let's be thankful, and I guarantee that all of us (including me) will be amazed at how much God does provide for us. Here is my homily from this past weekend if you want to listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment